Friday, February 3, 2012

I lost my Bluetooth

Wednesday night, after I finished my broadcast, I parked my cab and gathered up my stuff, and realized that I could not find my Bluetooth earpiece.  I  looked everywhere, but it was gone.  It was a Jawbone ICON.  I used to have a different one, but got the Jawbone a couple of years ago because it supported the A2DP Bluetooth profile, which lets me listen to audio wirelessly from my iPhone.  It listed for $100, but I got it on sale for $80.  Last year it went through the laundry, so I got another one off of Amazon for $50.  I've been using it mainly to listen to podcasts while I work.

I was tempted to get the latest version, the ICON HD, which lists for $100, $90 on Amazon.  The difference is that it supports AVRCP, which means that you can pause and play audio with the "talk" button, and the speaker is 25% bigger, i.e. louder, which are exactly the two things I find lacking in the ICON.

However, I found the ICON on Amazon for only $18, so for now I'll settle for that.  Maybe next year...

Update: I saw my day driver searching the cab, so I asked him to let me know if he saw my Bluetooth. A minute later, he had it in his hand. (He didn't find what he was looking for.) So now I will have two. Maybe I'll keep the new one as a spare.

No comments:

Post a Comment