Saturday, September 10, 2011

Follow my GPS

I used to use an iPhone app named Cabulous.  It would track my location via GPS, along with other taxis, and customers could use the app to find a cab.  Additionally, viewers of my broadcast could follow my location as I drove around.  However, recently they came out with version 2.0, which tracks taxis through their companies, rather than through drivers' phones, and since my company does not subscribe, I am no longer listed.  However, I bought an app called FollowMee which will allow people to track me when I'm driving.  The URL is pretty ugly, so I created a short URL.

Using GPS really sucks up the battery, as does video broadcasting, so I have to keep my iPhone always plugged in.  Even so, sometimes it gets unplugged or the cord wears out or I get a car without a functioning plug, so I bought extra power cords, a backup adapter, and an external battery, just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment