Wednesday, March 7, 2012

AT&T blinks

For the past few months AT&T has been throttling me when I use more than 2 gigabytes in a month on my iPhone, that is, they slow me from megabytes per second to a paltry hundred kilobytes per second.  I try to avoid using cellular data to avoid this, but once they throttle me, I have no more incentive and can broadcast video all I like, since they only throttle downloads, not uploads.

However, this month it looks like that won't happen.  I have been working less, and using Onavo to compress my data.  Now AT&T has announced that they're raising the "unlimited" data cap from an unstated 2 GB limit to an explicit 3 GB per month.  Since I probably will be using less than 3 GB this month, this could be the end of my broadcast career.

No comments:

Post a Comment